Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Real Secret of MLM Sponsoring and Success


Image : http://www.flickr.com


First of all, let me start by saying that I am by no means a MLM expert. This is just what I have learned in the past year or so.

Years ago, MLM guru's advised that in order to have success in your MLM business, you needed to do the following:

o Place newspaper and magazine ads
o Hand out samples
o Hand out audio cassettes, videos (WAY back then), CD's and presentation DVD's
o Use the 3-feet rule (talk about your business with everyone you come in contact within a range of 3 feet)
o Make a list of 200 names and cold call on them
o Send postcards and other direct mail pieces

Recently, the guru's have shifted to another approach... "The Law of Attraction" they call it now, "Attraction Marketing" meaning that you now need to:

o Post articles on blogs
o Interact in Social Networking sites and message boards
o Create and give away free reports
o Create eCourses
o Write eBooks
o Become the "expert" in your field

I have done both... first one and when it didn't work, I did the other, which didn't work either... and just recently I discovered the REAL secret in MLM sponsoring and success.

Let's forget for a moment that we're talking about a MLM business. Let's think of a business, ANY business... I'll choose a franchise... McDonald's...

Let's forget again about their product, let's just focus on their marketing approach. McDonald's is involved in many charities, they have foundations, they sponsor events... that is all related to "attraction marketing" they are "attracting" the attention to their brand by giving away either products, money or time. But then, I see their commercials every day on TV, in the newspaper, their banners on the street, and the posters in the bus stop, everywhere! That is traditional marketing. On top of that, they keep their image fresh to the public's eyes by having a new toy on their Happy Meal every 4 weeks or so and by creating their own local events for the community.

With that in mind, I turned my attention to the people online that were successful in their respective MLM's... those who did not jump from one new opportunity to the other, but stayed with a company and were really successful with it.

Guess what I discovered.... Duh! They conducted their businesses, just like McDonald's they use attraction marketing; they have their own blogs, they post in message boards, they publish articles, they write hold contests, and they are active in social networks on a regular basis. But just like McDonald's, they advertise their businesses daily and they find new ways both offline and online to create a fresh image of their business opportunity and products all the time!

I have been doing this since I started my MLM business and I have been able to sponsor an average of 1 new distributor every 3 days, since I started... I know it doesn't look like much, but most "regular" people never sponsor more than 5 in a year!

In order to make sure it was the combination of the two methods I took 2 weeks to conduct a trial:

Week 1: I advertised but was inactive in the "attraction methods"

Sponsored - 1

Week 2 : I was active in the attraction methods but didn't advertise

Sponsored -0

As soon as I went back to "The Combination" I started to sponsor new distributors to my team as I had been doing since I started "The Combination". So, in order to be successful in MLM or in ANY other business, you need to advertise consistently AND use the attraction methods mentioned above. Take it from me, a regular Jane and don't let any guru's tell you differently!

Relate Link : !: Wire Baskets Get It Now! !: Cheapest Designers Living Room Furniture !: Buying Digital Living Room Furniture !: UNIONBAY Young Mens Rider Five-Pocket Jean UNIONBAY !1#: Samsung 650 Lcd Hdtv In Us








No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。